1. be at least 15 days old and not more than 84 years old; and
2. be insured under a government health insurance plan for the entire duration of your trip; and
3. be in good health at the time you purchase your policy and on the date you exit your country of origin, and know of no reason to seek medical consultation during the coverage period.
On the effective date, applicants 60 years of age or over must not:
1. have used, or been prescribed, home oxygen during the 12 months prior to the effective date; and
2. be travelling against the advice of a physician and/or have been diagnosed with a terminal illness; and
3. have kidney disease treated with dialysis; and
4. have been diagnosed with stage III or IV cancer or cancer that has metastasized.
Note: Applicants between 60 and 74 years of age travelling for more than 60 days or over age 74 travelling for any trip length must complete a medical questionnaire.
Emergency Hospital & Medical provides coverage up to $10,000,000.00
Hospital Accommodation: Reasonable and customary cost or intensive care unit where medically necessary.
Physician Charges: Medical treatment by a physician, surgeon, anaesthetist or registered graduate nurse.
Diagnostic Services: Laboratory tests and X-rays prescribed by the attending physician due to an emergency.
Prescription Drugs: Limited to a 30-day supply per prescription, unless you are hospitalized.
Private Duty Nursing: The professional services of a registered private nurse as the result of a covered emergency.
Paramedical Services: When prescribed by a physician and approved by Ontime Care, treatment provided by a licenced chiropodist, chiropractor, osteopath, physiotherapist or podiatrist up to a maximum of $500.00.
Emergency Transportation: Licenced ambulance services to the nearest medical facility capable of providing the required emergency medical treatment.
Dental Accident: Emergency dental treatment to repair or replace sound natural teeth as the result of an accidental injury that requires treatment within 30 days of the date of the accident by a legally qualified dentist or oral surgeon not to exceed $4,000 per accident.
Emergency Relief of Dental Pain: Emergency treatment for the relief of acute pain to natural teeth, to a maximum of $600 during the coverage period.
Preparation and Return of Remains: up to a maximum of $5,000 towards the actual cost incurred for preparation of remains and homeward transportation of the deceased insured person to his/her permanent residence in Canada.
Flight Accident: Can be purchased separately.
In the event of hospitalization, Ontime Care Worldwide Inc. (“OTC”) must be notified prior to, or within, 24 hours of admission to hospital.
From Canada and the U.S., call TOLL FREE 1-888-988-3268
From anywhere call COLLECT +1-905-707-9555
All claims must be reported to OTC within 30 days of occurrence. Written proof of claim must be submitted to OTC within 90 days of occurrence.